If you’re having issues with your plumbing, going the DIY route can be pretty tempting, but it’s not always the best choice. You may be a pretty handy person, but one mistake can cost you thousands of dollars and a licensed plumber can get everything right the first time. We realize that most people need and want to save money and would rather do as much on their own as possible, but this can end up backfiring and costing a lot more than hiring a professional.
If you’re still not fully convinced, here are the top five reasons for hiring a licensed plumber.
1. Experience – The most obvious reason to hire a professional plumber is their experience. Licensed plumbers have years of experience under their belt, so they’re going to be able to correctly identify your problem. This can save a lot of time, money and heartache and ensure that you’re taking care of the right issues.
2. Required Equipment – Let’s be honest buying and renting all the required parts and tools for plumbing repair can cost a fortune. A licensed plumbing professional will have all of the necessary tools to do the repair work and services. Which in the end could possibly cost less than if you purchase materials, rent the tools and make the repair yourself?
3. Efficiency – A clogged shower drain or a backed up toilet can be a real pain, especially if it hinders you from going about your daily routine. A professional plumber is going to get the job done much more quickly than you are likely able to do on your own. Plumbers are typically out to get the job done in the quickest time possible, so it’s a great option for time-sensitive projects.
4. Formal and Up-to-Date Training – Licensed plumbers typically have formal training. This is an absolute must, as trial and error are great, but knowing the ins and outs of the trade will ensure that any kinks will get worked out. Hiring a plumber with formal training ensures that there are no mishaps in the repair.
5. Local City Codes and Requirements – Many local governments enforce rules and regulations that require licensed professionals to perform work on homes in particular areas. By hiring a licensed plumber you can avoid any possible legal troubles that you might run into if you try to do the work yourself or if you hire someone who is not licensed.
As a family owned and operated business, Legacy Plumbing, Inc., brings over 20 years of experience to its customers in the North Texas community. Winning the Angie’s List Super Service award for four consecutive years, 2011 Frisco Small Business of the Year and 2011 Collin County’s Emerging Company, it is evident that Legacy Plumbing delivers outstanding services to meet all residential and commercial plumbing needs.
Superior repair and installation services include water leaks, drains, pipes, sinks, faucets, garbage disposals, showers/bathtubs, toilets, water heaters and sewer services.