Water efficiency and conservation are very important to us, especially when you live in drought-stricken areas like Texas.
Here are several tips to help you conserve water in a practical way. Additionally, some of these tips may help you not only save water but money as well.
- Nobody likes to wash dishes, but washing dishes and losing money is even worse! Instead of letting the water run while rinsing, fill the sink with rinse water.
- When laundry day comes around make sure you are doing capacity loads to save water and energy.
- Keep your eyes and ears open for plumbing leaks. Repairing a leaky toilet can save up to 300 gallons of water per month.
- Do you leave the faucet running while you’re shaving? Be environmentally conscious and turn it off. It will save more than 200 gallons of water a month.
- Do you use a lot of ice in your drinking glass? Rather than throwing out that leftover ice, leave it for a thirsty plant to drink up! Mother Nature will thank you!
- Are you a dog lover? The next time you decide to give them a bath, consider doing it in an area of your lawn that needs to be watered.
- Make sure the entire family doesn’t constantly run water when they are brushing their teeth, and we bet you’ll notice a reduction in your next water bill.
As a family owned and operated business, Legacy Plumbing, Inc., brings over 20 years of experience to its customers in the North Texas community. Winning the Angie’s List Super Service award for four consecutive years, 2011 Frisco Small Business of the Year and 2011 Collin County’s Emerging Company, it is evident that Legacy Plumbing delivers outstanding services to meet all residential and commercial plumbing needs.
Superior repair and installation services include water leaks, drains, pipes, sinks, faucets, garbage disposals, showers/bathtubs, toilets, water heaters and sewer services.